Simple Turkey Chili
Serving size: 8 servings
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 30 oz. tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey, ground
- 30 oz. garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- Avocado, cilantro, salsa, tortilla chips, optional
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. cumin
- In a large sauce pan, warm oil over medium heat. Sauté onions until fragrant, then add ground turkey. Cook until turkey is browned and thoroughly cooked. Drain excess grease.
- Add garbanzo beans or beans of choice, tomatoes and cumin. Mix and add ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes to blend flavors. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with optional ingredients as desired.
Nutrition per serving: 320 calories, 36 g carbohydrates, 40 mg cholesterol, 5 g fat, 11 g fiber, 32 g protein, 420 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: theprettybee.com