Serving size: 8 servings
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed, stems removed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, basil, or cilantro
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts, optional
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Place ingredients in a food processor and process until a fine paste.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate for up to two weeks. Pesto also freezes good in ice cube trays or other small containers. Use as a spread on sandwiches, chicken, or fish and mix with veggies or noodles. Yields 2 cups.
Nutrition per serving: 93 calories, 2 g carbohydrates, 2 mg cholesterol, 9 g fat, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein, 45 mg sodium.
Recipe from: food.com