Spirulina Sunflower Bars
Serving size: 16 servings
- 2 1/2 cups oats, quick-cooking
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed, ground
- 2 tbsp. spirulina powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds shelled
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seed, shelled
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a baking sheet, combine oats, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Bake approximately ten minutes or until fragrant. Stir mixture after five minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, add coconut, flaxseed, and spirulina powder and mix well.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the oil, sunflower butter and salt. Add the honey, stir, and remove from heat. Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and combine well. Press the mixture into the pan lined with parchment paper and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, remove mixture from the pan and cut into 16 bars. Serve immediately or refrigerate once again.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 13 g fat, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein, 140 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: health.com