Strawberry Coconut Truffles
Serving size: 12 servings
- 3 oz. freeze dried strawberries
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
- ¼ cup coconut oil, softened, not melted
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- In a food processor, pulse freeze dried strawberries for 30 seconds or until a fine powder results. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the food processor, pulse diced strawberries until they become a puree. Add pureed strawberries, coconut, and coconut oil to powdered strawberries and mix until ingredients are formed together.
- If mixture is too dry, add more strawberry puree in small amounts. If mixture is too soft, chill in refrigerator to firm coconut oil.
- Roll mixture into ¾ inch size balls and chill until firm. Melt chocolate chips with 2 teaspoons coconut oil in the microwave for 15-30 seconds at a time, until completely melted.
- Using a skewer or fork, dip strawberry balls into melted chocolate and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Continue until all are dipped. Chill in the refrigerator until set and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: 135 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 23 mg sodium, 10 g sugar.
Recipe from: frugalfarmwife.com