Super-Green Edamame Salad
Yields 10 servings
- 2-12 oz. packages frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1-15 oz. can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss edamame, pinto beans, bell pepper, and chives together.
- In a blender, add spinach, avocado, apple juice, oil, lemon juice, tamari, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Add the dressings to the bean mixture and combine until thoroughly coated. Garnish with more chives if desired. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 19 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein, 300 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com