Swiss Chard & White Bean Artichoke Dip
Serving size: 8 servings
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 4-6 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 cup white beans, coooked
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups Swiss chard, stems removed, packed & chopped
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese, plus more for serving, optional
- Cover cashews with boiling water and let sit for one hour. Drain water, set aside and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small skillet, sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until fragrant and lightly brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor or blender, puree soaked cashews, sautéed garlic, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil and milk.
- Add 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Taste puree and adjust seasonings, including nutritional yeast, as needed. Set aside.
- In the skillet used earlier, sauté Swiss chard in olive oil until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Combine puree, Swiss chard, artichokes, and white beans and place in an oven safe dish. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with chips, bread or vegetables.
Nutrition per serving: 219 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 12 g fat, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein, 677 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: minimalistbaker.com