Teff Stuffed Peppers
Serving size: 6
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch saffron
- 2 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/3 cups teff
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup basil leaves, fresh, chopped
- 6 medium bell peppers cut in half lengthwise, seeds and white membranes removed
- In a medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and saffron and sauté for 5 minute or until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, teff and boiling water. Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add basil and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Add teff mixture into the bell pepper halves and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 45 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 7 g fiber, 9 g protein, 140 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: teffco.com