Teff Vegan Burger with White Beans and Mushrooms
Serving size: 4
- 1/2 cup whole teff
- 1 cup white cannellini beans
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, for cooking
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 oz. cremini mushrooms, diced finely
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine teff with two cups water, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cover at the end of the cook time, stir grains and let excess water evaporate.
- In a large bowl, add beans and mash then set aside.
- In a skillet, add oil, heat over medium heat and add onions and garlic. After 2-3 minutes, add mushrooms and herbs, sautéing until mushrooms are soft.
- Add mushroom mixture and cooked teff to the bowl of mashed beans. Mix until combined and let cool if hot.
- Create 8 patties, let sit until firm.
- Add oil to a skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until lightly brown. Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 31 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein, 420 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: veryveganval.com