Thai Sorghum Bowl
Serving size: 4 servings
- SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup light coconut milk, canned
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 1/3 cup creamy sunflower butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- BOWL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced in 1 inch strips
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups cooked sorghum
- 1 cup diced carrots, steamed
- In a medium, bowl whisk all sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook mushrooms with 1 tablespoon water for 5 minutes. Add more water if mushrooms begin to stick to the pan.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini and pineapple with 2 tablespoons water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add cooked sorghum and sauce. Bring to a simmer on low heat and cook for 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add steamed carrots and cook an additional 2 minutes until warm.
Nutrition per serving: 410 calories, 64 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein, 530 mg sodium, 23 g sugar.
Recipe from: yourallergychefs.com