Toasted Quinoa Tabbouleh
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Using a fine colander, rinse quinoa under cold water until suds subside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat, add quinoa and toast for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until quinoa is fragrant.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil, add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and quinoa. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Toss quinoa with tomatoes, parsley, cucumbers, green onions, and mint. Pour dressing over the top and toss until well combined. Serve immediately or refrigerate to chill.
Nutrition per serving: 292 calories, 35 g carbohydrates, 15 g fat, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein, 412 mg sodium.
Recipe from: vegetariantimes.com