Yields 4 servings
- 1/2 lb. tomatillos, husks removed & rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 14.5 oz. vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place tomatillos in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes or until tomatillos are soft.
- Drain and place in a food processor once tomatillos are cool. Pulse until smooth, adding 1-2 tablespoons of broth if needed.
- Mince garlic and jalapenos and set aside.
- Pour the purée tomatillos into a measuring cup, adding enough broth to make 2 cups of liquid.
- Pour the liquid mixture into a saucepan adding the jalapeno and garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, and then stir in the rice, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook the mixture for 20 minutes. Once done, mix the cilantro into the cooked rice and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 80 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 0.5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 100 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: heb.com