Tropical Shrimp Kabobs
Yields 5 servings
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1/3 cup minced, fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice, fresh
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. coriander, ground
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 30 uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined (26-30 per pound size)
- 1 large mango, cut into 30 cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into 30 cubes
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Once combined, pour the mixture into a large re-sealable plastic bag, add shrimp, and mix to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for two hours.
- After two hours, drain the shrimp and discard the marinade. Using 15 skewers, alternate shrimp, mango, pineapple, and repeat so you have 2 pieces of each on a skewer.
- Cook over the grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turns pink. Serve on a bed of lettuce, rice, or other grain.
Nutrition per serving: 150 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 45 mg cholesterol, 7 g fat, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein, 320 mg sodium, 13 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com