Serving size: 2 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Ground cinnamon for garnish, optional
- In a blender combine milk, turmeric, maple syrup or honey, ginger and pepper. Blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a small saucepan add mixture and heat over medium-high until steaming. Do not boil. Pour into a mug and add a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 72 calories, 10 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein, 176 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: eatingwell.com