Turnip Carrot Slaw
- 2 lbs. turnips
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash, peel, and trim turnips and carrots. Grate them using afood processor or hand held shredder.
- Once grated, add vegetables to a large bowl. Add prepared green onions, mint leaves, and parsley leaves. Toss to combine.
- Whisk the garlic, vinegar, mustard and poppy seeds together in a small bowl. Slowly add olive oil while whisking until combined.
- Pour dressing over the vegetable mixture, tossing gently and seasoning with salt and pepper. Let the slaw sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 240 calories, 47 g carbohydrates, 4.5 g fat, 12 g fiber, 4 g protein, 125 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: food52.com