Turnip Green Sauté
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 lb. turnip greens, washed, stems removed & chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until tender. Next, add the turnip greens. Mix greens into the shallot sauté and cook until wilted, around 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk Dijon mustard with the chicken stock. Add to the wilted greens and cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Season with black pepper to taste. Add the toasted pecans and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 7 g fiber, 5 g protein, 350 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com