Twice Baked SunButter Sweet Potatoes
Serving size: 6 servings
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp. ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup SunButter Creamy or other allergy-free seed/nut butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Optional Garnishes: Bacon bits, sour cream, and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Poke sweet potatoes multiple times with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for one hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let cool until able to handle safely.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh and put in a medium bowl. Set the skins aside for re-baking.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, butter, cream cheese and spices together. Add SunButter and mix until combined.
- Combine the SunButter mixture with the sweet potato flesh. Fill the sweet potato skins with the mixture and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with sour cream, bacon bits or cilantro as desired.
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 20 mg cholesterol, 19 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein, 120 mg sodium, 10 g sugar.
Recipe from: sunbutter.com