Vegan Brussel Sprouts Kale Salad with Sunflower Seeds
Serving size: 4 servings
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 10 oz. Brussel sprouts, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2-3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 oz. kale, thinly sliced
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 small shallots finely diced
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast seeds in a baking pan for 5-10 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make dressing. In a small bowl, whisk oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, shallots and mustard and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the prepared Brussel sprouts and kale. Add the seeds and garlic and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
Nutrition per serving: 310 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 24 g fat, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein, 140 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: avocadopesto.com