Vegan Lentil Curry
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 16 oz. tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup lentils, uncooked
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion, medium
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cilantro, chopped, optional
- Cook lentils and rice according to package directions. Drain any remaining liquid and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and onion and cook until golden brown. Stir often.
- Add tomato sauce, coconut milk and spices. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add lentils, mix until combined. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve lentil curry over rice. Add chopped cilantro if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 510 calories, 83 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 8 g fiber, 19 g protein, 200 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: simpleveganblog.com