Vegan Sunflower Seed “Tuna” Salad
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Serving suggestions: whole wheat wraps, lettuce, tomato, avocado
- Place sunflower seeds in a container. Pour water over the seeds until they are covered with an extra 1/4 inch of water. Let seeds soak at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Drain seeds and rinse. In a food processor, pulse 1 cup of seeds with lemon juice, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon salt, until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, dill, parsley, paprika, celery, shallot and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture looks like tuna salad.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. Serve in a wrap with lettuce, tomato and avocado.
Nutrition per serving: 180 calories, 9 g carbohydrates, 14 g fat, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein, 340 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com