White Bean Salad with Pomegranate and Parsley
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 15-oz. can low-sodium cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed (or 1¾ cups cooked beans)
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 T. lemon juice, fresh
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup scallions, whites & pale greens only, thinly sliced
- 2 T. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a small dish, whisk oil and lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, toss beans, pomegranate seeds, scallions and parsley leaves.
- Add the whisked oil/lemon mixture to the bean mixture and toss. Season with salt & pepper.
Nutrition per serving: 207 calories, 32 g carbohydrates, 2 mg cholesterol, 4 g fat, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein, 337 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: bonappetite.com