Whole Grain Buckwheat & Chia Bread
Serving size: 12 servings
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup buckwheat groats, soaked in water for 2 hours, then drain & rinse
- In a small bowl, whisk chia seeds and water. Let sit for 30 minutes to gel.
- Preheat oven to 320°F and set aside a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add chia seed mixture, buckwheat groats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder and salt. Pulse until completely combined.
- Spoon batter into the loaf pan evenly. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until bread is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before removing from pan. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 22 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein, 115 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: choosingchia.com