Wild Rice Flatbread
Yields 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed, ground
- Seasonings of choice
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil + salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease an oven safe skillet, such as a cast iron pan, with olive oil. Make sure both the bottom and sides of the skillet are covered with oil.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until it becomes a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into the skillet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and flip the bread using a spatula. Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. If needed, bake an additional 5 minutes to ensure bread is thoroughly cooked. Once done, remove bread from the pan and cool before cutting.
Nutrition per serving: 110 calories, 19 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein, 180 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: pinchofyum.com