Wild Rice Griddle Cakes
Yields 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free substitute
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Avocado oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a greased baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix cooked rice, carrots, onions, Parmesan, and thyme together.
- Season with salt and pepper. Next, add baking powder and flour and mix to combine.
- Add eggs and mix until blended.
- Scoop out a tablespoon size portion of the mixture. Using your hands, pat the mixture together and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven and flip the cakes. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until the cakes are lightly browned. Enjoy with your favorite dressing or dip.
Nutrition per serving: 170 calories, 27 g carbohydrates, 95 mg cholesterol, 4 g fat, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein, 290 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: foodnetwork.com