Yields 6 servings
- 1 large jicama
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin, ground
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and set aside a baking sheet.
- Peel the jicama and cut into French fry like slices.
- Toss jicama slices with olive oil and place on the baking sheet in a single layer. Use two baking sheets if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, onion powder, salt, and cumin powder, then mix. Sprinkle seasoning over the jicama slices.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until jicama fries are light brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven. Squeeze lime juice over the fries and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 110 calories, 20 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g fat, 11 g fiber, 2 g protein, 220 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: thespruceeats.com