Apple Beet Carrot Slaw
Serving size: 8 servings
- 1/2 cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 tsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, and cored
- 1 large red beet, peeled
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk ingredients and add olive oil slowly until dressing is blended well. Set aside.
- Using a food processor or box grater, grate carrots, apples, and beets. Mix grated foods in a medium container and pour dressing onto mixture and blend to combine. Chill 30 minutes and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 114 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein, 52 mg sodium, 9 g sugar.
Recipe from: saveur.com