Asian Chili Garlic Tofu Stir-Fry
Serving size: 4 servings
- CHILI GARLIC SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- ½ Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 ½ Tbsp ketchup
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 2-3 tsp cornstarch, mixed with a tablespoon of water
- TOFU INGREDIENTS:
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp wheat or other GF flour
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- Place tofu on a paper towel lined plate. Cover the top of the tofu with more paper towels, then place a plate on top of the paper towels. Let sit 30 minutes to remove excess water. Cut tofu into ½ - 1 inch pieces. Mix with flour and cornstarch, coating evenly.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil and add tofu. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often until a crust forms on each side of the tofu. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat ½ tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add shallots and cook 1-2 minutes. Add ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and honey, mix well. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Mix in the cornstarch mixed with water. Once liquid has thickened, add tofu and mix to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 230 calories, 15 g carbohydrates, 12 g fat, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein, 460 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: watchwhatueat.com