Asparagus Fresh Herb Salad
Serving size: 8 servings
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, rinsed & chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed & chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh dill, rinsed & chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mint, rinsed & chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice from 2 lemons, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1 1/3 cup fresh corn kernels or canned corn
- 1 bunch asparagus, rinsed, woody ends cut off & cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1-15 oz. can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1-6 oz. container Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, cilantro, dill, and mint. Mix with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add shallots and a pinch of salt, cook until softened, about two minutes. Add cumin and cayenne, stir and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add corn, asparagus and chickpeas. Cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender, around 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and lemon juice.
- Add cooked vegetables to the mixed herbs and toss. Season with salt, pepper or lemon juice if desired. Serve yogurt on the side.
Nutrition per serving: 189 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 9 g fat, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein, 113 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: seriouseats.com