Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 lb. asparagus, washed & trimmed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for two minutes and drain.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic and cook for five minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook an additional 3 minutes. Season with salt if desired.
- Place asparagus on a platter and top with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pepper.
Nutrition per serving: 102 calories, 8 g carbohydrates, 7 mg cholesterol, 6 g fat, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein, 191 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: myrecipes.com