Serving size: 2 servings
- 2 tbsp. brown rice flour or flour of choice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (cut to 1/8 tsp. to reduce sodium)
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 avocados, ripe & firm, pit and skin removed
- Cooking spray
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- Preheat oven broiler. Put a baking sheet in the oven while the broiler preheats.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate shallow dish, pour in breadcrumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy.
- Halve avocados, remove pits, and cut each avocado half into 6 wedges and peel off the skin.
- Take each avocado wedge and first cover with flour completely, next dip in egg whites and finally cover with bread crumbs.
- Remove baking sheet from oven, spray with cooking spray and place avocado slices on baking sheet. Spray avocados with cooking spray.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until brown, flip wedges, broil 2 minutes more. Remove from oven and serve with lemon slices.
Nutrition per serving: 326 calories, 29 g carbohydrates, 21 g fat, 10 g fiber, 9 g protein, 455 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: myrecipes.com