Baked Patacones with Mojo Sauce
Serving size: 6 servings
- MOJO SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Black and red pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 green onions, chopped, green & white parts
- PATACONES INGREDIENTS:
- 3 plantains
- 1/2 tsp. oil
- 1/16 - 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Set aside greased baking sheet.
- Remove peel from plantains then slice them into 1 inch rounds. Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Using a smooth bottomed bowl, flatten each plantain round, then place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the rounds and bake an additional 5 minutes. Do not burn. Remove from oven.
- To make the mojo sauce, add garlic, cilantro, green onions and half of the olive oil to a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add the remaining olive oil, salt, black and red pepper, cumin, oregano, lime juice and zest and pulse until combined. Don’t over pulse; the dip should have texture. Serve with the patacones.
Nutrition per serving: 220 calories, 30 g carbohydrates, 12.5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 13 g sugar.
Recipe from: forkintheroad.co