Black Bean Burger
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. salt
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained & rinsed
- 3/4 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed by chia seeds.
- Combine pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, paprika and salt in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are finely chopped.
- Add chia egg, black beans, and oats, pulsing until combined.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Divide mixture into 4 large patties, about ½ cup each, or 8 mini patties, about ¼ cup each. Shape mixture into patties and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Flip patties and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition per serving: 190 calories, 33 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 9 g fiber, 9 g protein, 490 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: showmetheyummy.com