Cabbage, Potato, White Bean Soup
Serving size: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced or 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. herbs de Provence or 1 tsp. each thyme, rosemary, oregano
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (48 oz.) vegetable broth
- 2 medium gold potatoes, diced
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced
- 2 15 oz. cans of white beans, drained & rinsed or 3 cups cooked white beans
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large stock pot, heat oil over medium heat, add leeks, carrots and celery, sauté for 5 minutes, add garlic and spices and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, potatoes, cabbage and beans, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes and cabbage are tender. Season with salt & pepper as desired.
Nutrition per serving: 319 calories, 54 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 11 g fiber, 16 g protein, 1084 mg sodium, 8 g sugar.
Recipe from: simple-veganista.com