Caramel Cinnamon Baked Plantains
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2 ripe plantains (yellow/black)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set aside a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare the plantains by cutting off the ends, then cut a slit lengthwise into the peel and remove the peel.
- Cut the plantains into 1/4 inch rounds. Toss with the melted coconut oil and place on a single layer on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, cinnamon and salt. Lightly sprinkle the mixture onto the plantains. Bake for 15 minutes, flip, then bake for an additional 10 minutes. Use caution to not overcook or burn them.
Nutrition per serving: 180 calories, 32 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 150 mg sodium, 16 g sugar.
Recipe from: paleorunningmomma.com