Chicken and Asparagus Skillet
Serving size: 6 servings
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, separated
- 8 oz. mushroom, sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 5 - 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. asparagus, remove woody stems, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, white & green parts, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. ginger or 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, mix coconut aminos, chicken broth, tapioca starch, ginger and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Once cooked, remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook for 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan, mix in the coconut amino mixture and bring to a boil to thicken. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
Nutrition per serving: 270 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 65 mg cholesterol, 12 g fat, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein, 550 mg sodium, 7 g sugar.
Recipe from: mommyshomecooking.com