Ginger-Sesame Steamed Vegetables
Yields 6 servings
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup green beans, fresh, cut into 2” pieces
- 4 cups broccoli florets, fresh
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1-9 oz. package fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Fresh cilantro chopped and fresh gingerroot julienned to serve
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, and salt. Set aside.
- Steam the prepared vegetables, covered, for 5-7 minutes or until just tender. Add the spinach and steam an additional 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve with peanuts, cilantro, and julienned ginger if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 169 calories, 13 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein, 520 mg sodium, 4 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com