Gluten-free Teff Crepes
Serving size: 6
- 1 cup teff flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- In a blender, combine teff flour, salt, eggs, milk and melted butter and blend until smooth
- Place batter in the refrigerator, covered, and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove batter from refrigerator and thin with water. Use more water to create thinner crepes or less water to create thicker crepes.
- Preheat a non-stick, greased skillet over medium-high heat. Pour a thin layer of batter into the skillet, covering the bottom of the pan by giving the pan a swirl.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and flip when golden. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes on the opposite side.
- Stack cooked crepes on a plate and cover with a towel.
- Serve warm with cut fruit, nuts, honey and/or soft cheese.
Nutrition per serving: 160 calories, 21 g carbohydrates, 70 mg cholesterol, 5 g fat, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein, 250 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: kingarthurbaking.com