Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs
Serving size: 8 servings
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 10 whole sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary, ground
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats or bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup mango , chopped, optional
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Set aside a glass baking dish.
- To make meatballs: combine ground beef, seasonings and breadcrumbs or oats in a bowl. Roll meatballs into 1 inch balls and place in glass baking dish.
- Scatter the pineapple and mango chucks around the meatballs. Bake about 20 minutes until slightly brown, but not fully cooked.
- Mix barbeque sauce with paprika if desired. Pour sauce over meatballs and return to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cook through. Serve warm.
Nutrition per serving: 370 calories, 23 g carbohydrates, 95 mg cholesterol, 17 g fat, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein, 850 mg sodium, 15 g sugar.
Recipe from: alderspring.com