Healthy Baked Broccoli Tots
Serving size: 2 servings
- 2 cups broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 1 large egg or egg substitute
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese or dairy-free substitute
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. parsley or cilantro
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Oil to grease baking sheet or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In boiling water, blanch broccoli for 1 minute, remove, and dip in cold water to stop cooking process. Drain.
- Chop broccoli into fine pieces and mix well with egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasonings.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop 1 1/2 tbsp. of mixture and form in a ball, then shape into a tater-tot shape. The mixture will be sticky, so washing your hands in between every couple of tots will reduce this.
- Bake until golden and crispy, around 18-24 minutes, turning half way. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition per serving: 289 calories, 38 g carbohydrates, 97 mg cholesterol, 9 g fat, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein, 184 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: gimmedelicious.com