Hot and Sour Chinese Eggplant
- 2 long Chinese eggplants, cubed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 green chili pepper, diced
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. chili oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil or oil of choice
- Once the eggplant is cubed, place cubes in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sit until eggplant is sweating, then rinse off salt and drain, pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, red wine vinegar, white sugar, chili pepper, cornstarch, and chili oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat. Add eggplant and sauté until tender and beginning to brown, around 7-10 minutes. Add sauce and mix. Cook until sauce is thick, and eggplant is coated. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 150 calories, 17 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein, 500 mg sodium, 11 g sugar.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com