Maple Glazed Salmon with Pineapple
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- In a small saucepan, whisk maple syrup and mustard over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your broiler. Oil a 9x13 baking dish or line with foil. Put salmon in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the pineapple into quarters, lengthwise. Then cut each quarter into 1/2 inch thick triangles. Disperse pineapple and jalapeno pieces around salmon in baking pan.
- Brush salmon with sauce and broil for 5-7 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork and is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve over a bed of brown rice and drizzle with the remaining glaze if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 410 calories, 42 g carbohydrates, 91 mg cholesterol, 10 g fat, 2 g fiber, 38 g protein, 576 mg sodium, 38 g sugar.
Recipe from: realsimple.com