Mashed Peppery Turnips
Yields 4 servings
- 4 medium turnips, peeled & cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large potato, peeled & cut into 1” pieces
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground chipotle pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring enough water to a boil to cover the turnips and potatoes. Once the water is boiling, add turnips and potatoes, reduce heat to simmer and cook uncovered until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain the water and return vegetables to the pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cream cheese, butter, parsley, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder, and chipotle pepper to the mixture. Mash until desired texture is created and serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving: 290 calories, 58 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 4 g fat, 11 g fiber, 6 g protein, 340 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: tasteofhome.com