Oriental Soup with Mushrooms, Bok Choy, and Shrimp
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- Cooking spray
- 2-3 1/2-ounce packages shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups baby bok choy, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and ginger, then sauté for 5 minutes or until all liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken.
- Add broth, water, and soy sauce, and bring to a boil. Mix in bok choy, green onions, cilantro, and shrimp; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp are thoroughly cooked. Add lime juice prior to serving.
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 6 g carbohydrates, 95 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fat, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein, 610 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: myrecipes.com