Serving size: 12 servings
- 1 lb. plantains (green to yellowish)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the racks in the center of the oven and set aside two baking dishes lined with parchment paper.
- Peel and cube the plantains and add to a high speed blender or food processor. Add avocado oil, salt, baking powder and water and blend until mixture is very smooth. If the mixture is too chunky, add a small amount of water until smooth. The mixture should remain thick.
- Using a spoon, smooth equal amounts of batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Batter should be 1/4 inch thick and 6 inches wide.
- Place both pans in the stove. After 10 minutes, switch pans on oven racks and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are just browning.
- Remove pans from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings. Store in an airtight container for up to three days or freeze using pieces of parchment paper to separate the tortillas.
Nutrition per serving: 100 calories, 12 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, 1 g fiber, 200 mg sodium, 6 g sugar.
Recipe from: freshtart.com