Pumpkin Seed Salsa
Serving size: 6 servings
- 1 ¼ cups pumpkin seeds, raw
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored
- 1 habanero chili, stemmed
- Salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chives, finely chopped
- n a medium skillet, toast pumpkin seeds over medium-high heat, stirring often, until lightly toasted, around 3 minutes. Transfer seeds to a food processor and pulse until smooth and set aside.
- On the stovetop, heat tomatoes and chili in the skillet, flipping as needed until charred, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer tomatoes and chili to the food processor with the pumpkin seeds, add cilantro, chives and salt, pulse until smooth and serve in ¼ cup servings.
Nutrition per serving: 160 calories, 4 g carbohydrates, 11 g fat, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein, 40 mg sodium, 1 g sugar.
Recipe from: saveur.com