Quick Quinoa Buckwheat Skillet Bread
Serving size: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda, sifted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsweetened milk + 1 tsp lemon juice OR 1/3 cup unsweetened yogurt
- Coconut oil, olive oil, butter or ghee for cooking
- Whisk all ingredients except baking soda in a medium bowl. Let batter rest for 5 minutes. During this time, preheat a small, 8 inch skillet over medium-low to medium heat.
- Sift baking soda into the batter, mix and wait for batter to bubble. Grease the preheated pan with oil or butter of choice. Pour batter into the pan and let settle evenly.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes. Using a spatula, loosen batter around pan edges and flip, cooking another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and let cool. Serve with your favorite bread toppings.
Nutrition per serving: 120 calories, 14 g carbohydrates, 50 mg cholesterol, 5 g fat, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein, 190 mg sodium, 2 g sugar.
Recipe from: 84thand3rd.com