Spring Green Fried Rice
Serving size: 4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooked & chilled
- 3/4 cup shelled frozen edamame, thawed
- Whisk the eggs with 1 teaspoon soy sauce in a medium bowl and set aside. Heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add egg mixture and scramble until thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Using the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger cooking for 30 seconds. Add cabbage, stir well and cook another 2-3 minutes. Add edamame and peas and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and 2 tablespoons soy sauce, cook for 2-4 minutes more or until thoroughly heated. Add cooked eggs and green onions combining well. Cook until heated and top with crushed red pepper if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 280 calories, 38 g carbohydrates, 100 mg cholesterol, 10 g fat, 6 g fiber, 11 g protein, 490 mg sodium, 3 g sugar.
Recipe from: bhg.com