Squash with Dates and Thyme
Yields 12 servings
- 3 small acorn squashes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 bunch thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 dates, pitted & quartered
- Flakey sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Set aside a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix the squash, thyme, garlic, olive oil, and coconut oil or butter together. Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until almost tender, about 40-45 minutes, tossing a few times when roasting.
- Add the dates and mix, roast another 12-15 minutes until squash is fully tender and dates are soft.
- Transfer the squash to a serving dish and spoon excess oil over the squash and sprinkle with sea salt.
Nutrition per serving: 210 calories, 42 g carbohydrates, 5 mg cholesterol, 7 g fat, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein, 55 mg sodium, 27 g sugar.
Recipe from: bonappetit.com