Swiss Chard Stalk and Tahini Dip
Serving size: 16 servings
- 4 cups Swiss chard stalks, coarsely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup sesame tahini
- ¼ to ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Place chard stalks in a steamer basket and steam for 15 minutes or until stalks are tender. Once cool, puree stalks in a food processor. Add minced garlic and salt and pulse until smooth. Add tahini and pulse until smooth.
- With food processor running, add lemon juice until well mixed. Add additional seasonings if desired.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with vegetables, crackers or bread. Makes 2 cups.
Nutrition per serving: 32 calories, 1 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein, 33 mg sodium.
Recipe from: cooking.nytimes.com