Tomatillo Salsa Verde
Yields 2 cups or 4 servings
- 1 lb. tomatillos, husks remove, rinsed & quartered
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 serrano pepper, chopped & seeds removed if desired
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor, purée the tomatillos, onion, garlic, pepper and cilantro. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if needed to create a smooth salsa.
- Season with salt and enjoy.
- To make roasted salsa verde, preheat the oven to 450°F. Toss tomatillos, onion, and jalapeno with 1/2 table-spoon olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Roast for 7 minutes, remove from oven and flip the vegeta-bles, adding the whole garlic clove. Roast another 7 minutes, remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Nutrition per serving: 45 calories, 8 g carbohydrates, 1 g fat, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein, 39 mg sodium, 5 g sugar.
Recipe from: epicurious.com