Serving size: 6 servings
- SPICY LIME CHIPOTLE FISH MARINADE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. chipotle powder (or chili powder, if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 pound fresh trout fillets
- 2 tbsp. butter, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil
- AVOCADO-YOGURT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted, and chopped
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cumin, ground
- ¼ cup water
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- To marinate the fish: Combine lime juice, olive oil, chipotle powder, cumin, paprika, and salt. Place the trout in a gallon freezer bag and pour seasoning into the bag, seal bag, and shake well. Marinate 20 minutes.
- To prepare the avocado-yogurt sauce: In a food processor, combine avocado, yogurt, lime juice, cumin, cilantro, salt, and water and pulse until smooth. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet (cast iron works great) over medium-high heat. Sauté trout using 2 tbsp. butter or oil, skin side down until golden and crispy. Flip and cook 15-30 seconds more. Remove from pan, flake meat off, and place in a dish.
- Warm tortilla shell in a small skillet for 30-60 seconds.
- Evenly divide cooked trout and place on tortilla shell. Top with avocado yogurt sauce, shredded cabbage, cilantro, and lime juice if desired.
Nutrition per serving: 196 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 41 mg cholesterol, 11 g fat, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein, 271 mg sodium.
Recipe from: outdoorhub.com